Sunday 10 October 2010

Moist Choloclate mud cake (Moist Chocolate rich cake)

It is an addication. I went to my friend's wedding last week. It is the best chocolate MUD cake I ever have. It is moist, have mud cake feeling and sweetness just right.

This mud cake is stayed in my head for a week. I can't make it during the weeks. When you addicted on something, no matter what you need to do, just want to have it. So what I do - I bought a Sara Lee Chocolate moist cake during the week. :) but it is not good enough.

This weekend mission - chocolate mud cake

This recipe pass my digestive system. I don't feel heavy at all and really moist but may be not enough mud cake feeling. It should call Moist and Rich chocolate cake.

Ingredients:
200 unsalted butter, 200 dark chocolate
1 tablespoon instand coffee
1 cup warm water
1/3 buttermilk
1 1/2 self raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
pinch of salt

What to do:
Grease the baking pan. (I used 24 inch baking pan)
Combine butter, chopped chocolate, coffee, water and butter milk in a bowl.
Put the bowl in the water-bath, let all butter and chocolate melt.
Let it cool down for few minutes.
Add caster sugar to mixture and beat well until dissolved.
Add sifted flour, cocoa, salt and lightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
Baking at 150 degree for around 1 hour.
Test with skewer, cool cake in pan (I forget this step, what happen - my cake is boken into different pieces when it is still warm)


I use 70% Lindt Cocoa so the cake a bit bitter.


Falling apart chocolate cake - still taste great !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment